Wednesday, June 8, 2011

EAT THE CAKE ANNA MAE


This has to be my favorite scene in that movie; besides the part when Tina Turner fought Ike back. Anyway moving on to what this post is about, and that is PEER PRESSURE.You would think that peer pressure is something that jr. high or high school kids go through, but know I go through it almost everyday.

Yesterday I posted pictures of myself in some jeans that I used to wear that are now way to big. A lot of my friends and family saw the picture and congratulated me on my weight loss. So you would think that now they know that I am serious about this healthy lifestyle thing; Right? Well WRONG; I went out to dinner with some friends last night, and I did pretty good by having a grilled chicken salad and I declined dessert. Of course my friends got dessert and the first thing they said when the dessert came to the table is; "Jessica try some of my cake." Now they know that I am trying to lose more weight. Why would they offer me this delicious, moist, delectable red velvet cake? And the answer that I came up with is that they are just not in the same place as me. It's not like they are trying to sabotage my weight loss or anything they just don't understand because they are not on the same path as me. And does this mean that I should stop going out to eat with them? I don't think so as long as I'm in the right mind frame at least.

So I'm sure some of you are thinking; "did she eat the red velvet cake?" And no I didn't I stayed strong because my official weigh in day for weight watchers is today! Until next time...

love,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment